Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Nourishing Our Little Ones



Let me start by saying I not trying to start a debate on my blog, nor do I have anything against bottle or formula feeding a baby.

But...

Today I turned down an invitation out with a friend because I knew it was during a time when my daughter would need to eat. And what would I do, should I pump so I can bottle feed her, do I take that cover that makes feeding my baby a complete challenge and always end up with milk down the front of me after using it. I just won't go out so I don't have to breastfeed in public, or with others around.

I find myself not wanting to go out because I am afraid of feeding my own daughter with what God gave me, yup you guessed it. BREAST!

Someone of Facebook today compared breast feeding in public to pooping in public, "we know it happens but please do it at home." I was in shock that anyone would even associate the two and then publicly voice this sad opinion. I don't want to flaunt my breast in public no, not at all, but I do want to feel socially accepted for trying to be as modest as possible while feeding my little baby. They need to eat every 2-3 hours pretty hard to ever leave the house if were always expected to do that at home now isn't it.

I agree sometime if your not expecting it seeing a women breastfeeding can shock you for a second, but I hate to think that it is looked down on. But lets all try to be a little more polite and understanding of breastfeeding mothers. 

Do I need to even point out the hypocrisy in the world today!?

So Now You Know...

No comments: