Saturday, March 26, 2011

Love Note

Some of you may remember when I made this cute little fabric note for my husband for Valentines. I have finally gotten around the letting you all know how it can be done. This is more of an idea post then a tutorial because there really is no right or wrong way.

You will need:
A Frame
Embroidery thread (colour of choice)
Black or Charcoal and accent colour sewing thread
Fabric pen
White/Cream Fabric
Ruler

Then you can make this:

1. Take your glass and lay it down on your fabric and trace it so you know how large you need to make it and what will be showing.


2. (Sorry I could not get this picture to load up-right!) Then you want to take a ruler and make your lines just like a loose leaf piece of paper. Your margin line, then drop down an inch before you start the lines going down. It is going to be different depending on size of your frame ect.


3. Now for sewing you lines. I used a charcoal thread, the first line you want to do a double line to make it darker. Then just keep following those lines you drew in earlier. TIP: Make sure you go way farther then the boundary lines you drew.


4. I used a plum purple, but I think a red or deep pink will complete the fake paper much better. But if you want something more budget friendly like me, pick out you most accenting thread. Make sure you go over your margin line twice to make it thicker.


5. Now you have your paper looking fabric below, I got my wet to wash out the fabric pen then I scrunched it up and then it dry to give it a crinkled look. Then you want to use your marker to write your message. You'll want to use two strands of embroidery thread to make your message.


5. My Message!




6. Stick it in your frame, I didn't decorate mine with rossets like I thought I would mostly because I like the simple clean look were attempting to accomplish in our bedroom.

Sneak it onto the night stand while your man is sleeping and when we wakes up he will find a hand made love note that we can wake up to every morning.






No comments: