Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Buttery Carmel Sauce

This stuff is so yummy, I was eating it by the spoon full. Then regretted it, but it was still amazingly yummy, and easy!

You'll Need:

3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup corn syrup
1/3 cup butter
2/3 cup whipping cream

This will make you about 2 1/2 cups of Carmel Sauce, perfect for dipping apples in, or putting on ice cream, really good on pretzels and its really good on a spoon too!!

1. In a medium sauce pan add butter, sugars, corn syrup. (Everything but the cream!)
2. Cook over medum heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture comes to a full boil, about 5 – 6 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and cool 5 minutes.
4. Stir in whipping cream.
5. Pour into a jar and store in refrigerator. It will thicken when cold.

This stuff is addictive, and amazing! I can't keep out of it!

4 comments:

Jana said...

Looks delightful! This would be so good on top of a sizzling apple pie or something. Mmm...now I'm hungry for some dessert!!

Carol E Wyer said...

Hi! I've hopped onto your blog and decided that anyone who can make a sauce like this must be followed! I have added myself as your newest follower. My Hubby would adore you...unfortunately he is stuck with me who is rubbish in the kitchen :)
Please drop by and maybe follow me if you fancy a laugh. I'd be delighted to welcome you.
Friendly wishes from a very snowy and cold UK
Carol from www.facing50withhumour.blogspot.com – the blog that gives you laughter lines. (Has that put you off?)

DANA said...

I am your newest follower, and guess what?! It's linky party time again! I hope to have you come link up and enter my $50 american Express giveaway! Happy holidays!
-Dana, Saturday Mornings

http://danajeanward.blogspot.com/2010/12/50-american-express-giveaway-ends.html

Sharon said...

It certainly looks delish! Do link up to my blog carnival here - http://www.thekeybunch.com/2010/12/december-carnival-christmas-decor-and.html

Happy holidays!