Sunday, October 17, 2010

Key Holder

       You will need:
  • Scrapbook Paper
  • Wooden key holder
  • Paint and paint brush
  • Mod Podge
  • Paper cutter



I went to Michael's and picked up some Amy Butler scrap book paper. Then I hopped over to porters and picked up this wooden key holder for $4. Then I painted it white.


I sliced my paper with a little paper cutter, I did mine 1.5 inches for my particular key hanger.




Then I put Mod Podge on all the wood, then I laid down the paper patting it flat making sure its all smooth. I let this dry for about five minutes and then put another layer of Mod Podge down. Let this dry and your done!




This was so easy, and pretty cute if you ask me! Its little and simple but we always know where our keys are now!


Happy Crafting :)

10 comments:

Christina said...

Super cute! Love the papers you chose :)

Unknown said...

VERY cute! I love it!

Rachel said...

So cute marth!! Fun way to brighten things up at your house! FUN!

The Skårtist said...

I just found your blog. Great project, I could really use a place for my keys. I wonder if you could use a pretty ribbon instead of wire to hang it? Or is it too heavy?

Sew Much Ado said...

Cute! I'm Canadian too :).

ESTHER BEAZER said...

there is only one hook

Unknown said...

Yes there is only one key hook. But we only have one set of car keys that works. So for those of you who have multiple keys, just put two hooks on it! Or three!

Unknown said...

Darling! And no air bubbles? What's your secret? I have such issues . . .
Would love you to stop by this weekend and link up to Passion for Paint.

Lisa said...

Really cute! I love the paper patterns you used!

Anonymous said...

Hi. I'm visiting from mural maker's party. What a great piece you made. I love the way you pulled together all these different elements. Great project.